This week Joe Berns and Spencer Dobson sit in on Aberdeen’s latest fear fest, the April 16 anti-Muslim slideshow featuring “Understanding the Threat” book peddlers John Guandolo and Chris Gaubatz. Plus, Spencer and Cory talk about Randy Bryce, campaign finance, Dakota Access, and initiative and referendum.
About Cory Allen Heidelberger
The Dakota Free Press Podcast is produced by Spencer Dobson and Cory Allen Heidelberger. Cory Allen Heidelberger fights for democracy by writing and teaching in Aberdeen, SD. Spencer Dobson is an outstanding comedian from Aberdeen, SD.
Joe Berns recaps and critiques the Koch Brothers’ “Moral Case for Capitalism” and leads us into a delightful discussion of economic philosophy. But first, Spencer and Cory recap the Aberdeen election, Trump’s proposed cuts to rural economic development, Bob Ellis’s departure from right-wing blogging, and the First Amendment implications of blocking people from the President’s […]
Spencer and Cory talk about Trump’s budget attacking Indians, mercenaries targeting Dakota Access Pipeline protestors, and the Koch Brothers handing out free pizza. Then we discuss Billie Sutton’s Democratic bona fides and interview Ken Santema, candidate for Aberdeen school board. ***Support this podcast with a contribution via PayPal: www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cm…_id=REQF9P2RYRMN6
Incumbent Aberdeen City Council candidate Dennis “Mike” Olson tells all about the fundamental role water plays in developing our city and other city council issues. But first, Spencer Dobson and I discuss his smashing trip to the Hills, the Deep Borehole Field Test, new U.S. House candidate Eric Terrell, election nerd news, and raw milk.
The Dakota Free Press Podcast goes for two—*two* big local candidate interviews, with Aberdeen school board candidate Aaron Schultz and incumbent northeast Aberdeen city councilman Mark Remily, both of whom are on Aberdeen’s June 6 ballot! But first, co-host Spencer Dobson and I have some fun at Republican gubernatorial candidate Terry LaFleur’s wall-building expense, then […]
Aberdeen City Council northwest district candidate Tom Black sits down to talk with the blog. Black talks the city’s wise choice to choose long-term planning over public sentiment and avoid signing up for rural water. Black rejects fear of immigrants and says new residents have already boosted our workforce and economy and are essential to […]
Brian Sharp talks about his bid for a fifth term on the Aberdeen school board. But first, Spencer and I talk about bad abortion politics causing more women to die in Texas, a Chinese company applying to dig for uranium and dump toxic water in the Black Hills, and Republicans pretending to be “inclusive.” We […]
Green Aberdeen leader Enno Limvere tells us about Green Aberdeen’s local environmental efforts, the Earth Day Fair his group is hosting Saturday, and the theology behind his environmentalism. Plus, co-host Spencer Dobson and I talk about fallout from the Clare Lopez anti-Islam show, backlash against South Dakota’s discriminatory adoption law, Speaker Mark Mickelson and the […]
This week, Spencer Dobson and I discuss Aberdeen’s anti-anti-Islam protest, Kristi Noem’s vanquishing of pine beetles, fishing and private property, and Head Start. Then Spencer and I interview Angie Albonico, leader of an initiative to make it legal for terminally ill South Dakotans to get life-ending drugs from doctors. Have a listen… and if you […]
This week, Spencer Dobson and I talk March for Science, pine beetles, online privacy, and anti-Muslim hysteria. Then Spencer interviews local criminology professor Courtney Waid-Lindberg about the death penalty, drug policy, and more criminal justice issues. Have a listen… and if you enjoy the show, help us do more by ringing the Dakota Free Press […]
Latest in The Sioux Empire
- Live Music Events In The Sioux Falls Area 7/23-7/31
- Doctor Whom? Why Not a Man? Or: That’s the Problem with Regeneration.
- Maybe He Should Just Move Here: Garth Brooks Announces Still More Sioux Falls Shows
- Panic in Detroit: Part 1
- Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington Dead at 41
- Attorney General Jackley Warns of Pirate Websites
- Sioux Falls One of the Least Stressful Cities in America
- Billie Sutton Sioux Falls Meet and Greet
- 3 Game Demos to Try
- Deadlines Approaching for SD State Fair Entries
- Highway Patrol Graduation Friday; Largest Group in 43 years
- Girls Breaker Day Free Stem Event July 29
- South Dakota Ends Fiscal Year With Surplus
- Mr. Attitude: Live In the Now
- Why Charlie Gard Matters: Today’s Case K
- War for the Planet of the Apes Review Spoiler free
- Meet the Thirteenth Doctor Who
- SEP075 – All About Wacko’s Comedy Club owner Kellen Marson
- Rounds, Donnelly Introduce Bipartisan Legislation to Improve VA Data Sharing and Combat Opioid Abuse Epidemic
- Sioux Empire Podcast Bonus Episode: Day-Cons and Cosplay with Cassandra Nixon