This week Joe Berns and Spencer Dobson sit in on Aberdeen’s latest fear fest, the April 16 anti-Muslim slideshow featuring “Understanding the Threat” book peddlers John Guandolo and Chris Gaubatz. Plus, Spencer and Cory talk about Randy Bryce, campaign finance, Dakota Access, and initiative and referendum.
About Cory Allen Heidelberger
The Dakota Free Press Podcast is produced by Spencer Dobson and Cory Allen Heidelberger. Cory Allen Heidelberger fights for democracy by writing and teaching in Aberdeen, SD. Spencer Dobson is an outstanding comedian from Aberdeen, SD.
Joe Berns recaps and critiques the Koch Brothers’ “Moral Case for Capitalism” and leads us into a delightful discussion of economic philosophy. But first, Spencer and Cory recap the Aberdeen election, Trump’s proposed cuts to rural economic development, Bob Ellis’s departure from right-wing blogging, and the First Amendment implications of blocking people from the President’s […]
Spencer and Cory talk about Trump’s budget attacking Indians, mercenaries targeting Dakota Access Pipeline protestors, and the Koch Brothers handing out free pizza. Then we discuss Billie Sutton’s Democratic bona fides and interview Ken Santema, candidate for Aberdeen school board. ***Support this podcast with a contribution via PayPal: www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cm…_id=REQF9P2RYRMN6
Incumbent Aberdeen City Council candidate Dennis “Mike” Olson tells all about the fundamental role water plays in developing our city and other city council issues. But first, Spencer Dobson and I discuss his smashing trip to the Hills, the Deep Borehole Field Test, new U.S. House candidate Eric Terrell, election nerd news, and raw milk.
The Dakota Free Press Podcast goes for two—*two* big local candidate interviews, with Aberdeen school board candidate Aaron Schultz and incumbent northeast Aberdeen city councilman Mark Remily, both of whom are on Aberdeen’s June 6 ballot! But first, co-host Spencer Dobson and I have some fun at Republican gubernatorial candidate Terry LaFleur’s wall-building expense, then […]
Aberdeen City Council northwest district candidate Tom Black sits down to talk with the blog. Black talks the city’s wise choice to choose long-term planning over public sentiment and avoid signing up for rural water. Black rejects fear of immigrants and says new residents have already boosted our workforce and economy and are essential to […]
Brian Sharp talks about his bid for a fifth term on the Aberdeen school board. But first, Spencer and I talk about bad abortion politics causing more women to die in Texas, a Chinese company applying to dig for uranium and dump toxic water in the Black Hills, and Republicans pretending to be “inclusive.” We […]
Green Aberdeen leader Enno Limvere tells us about Green Aberdeen’s local environmental efforts, the Earth Day Fair his group is hosting Saturday, and the theology behind his environmentalism. Plus, co-host Spencer Dobson and I talk about fallout from the Clare Lopez anti-Islam show, backlash against South Dakota’s discriminatory adoption law, Speaker Mark Mickelson and the […]
This week, Spencer Dobson and I discuss Aberdeen’s anti-anti-Islam protest, Kristi Noem’s vanquishing of pine beetles, fishing and private property, and Head Start. Then Spencer and I interview Angie Albonico, leader of an initiative to make it legal for terminally ill South Dakotans to get life-ending drugs from doctors. Have a listen… and if you […]
This week, Spencer Dobson and I talk March for Science, pine beetles, online privacy, and anti-Muslim hysteria. Then Spencer interviews local criminology professor Courtney Waid-Lindberg about the death penalty, drug policy, and more criminal justice issues. Have a listen… and if you enjoy the show, help us do more by ringing the Dakota Free Press […]
Latest in The Sioux Empire
- Night Shield featuring Marilyn Manson – Killing Strangers (Video)
- Kilo Trackz – All I Can Do
- The Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society Sanford Health to explore possible partnerships
- Urban Indianz Podcast Episode 014 – No Thanks No Giving
- British embassy cat in Jordan appointed chief mouser
- Local teenager raises awareness about dyslexia
- Sioux Empire Podcast 090 – Oil Spill Slip and Slide
- My New Piebald Ball Python Xavier!!
- Friday November 24, 2017: Sanford Pentagon Basketball Showcase
- Friday November 24, 2017: Dakota Alliance Soccer Club Black Friday Tournament
- Saturday November 18, 2017: Sioux Falls Skyforce vs. Rio Grande Valley
- Saturday November 18, 2017: South Dakota State Soccer Association All Star Game
- U.S. Navy crew grounded after pilot draws penis in the sky
- Police continue to investigate vehicle-vs-pedestrian crash
- Thanksgiving Week Adjusted Trash Collection Schedule
- Christmas Light Recycling Program 2017
- Lt. Cathy Bock recognized as 2017 Woman of Distinction
- Finnish police rap deputy minister for hiding in car boot in government crisis
- What’s News In The City
- I went to Brazil for a bath, says McLaren reserve Norris