This week Joe Berns and Spencer Dobson sit in on Aberdeen’s latest fear fest, the April 16 anti-Muslim slideshow featuring “Understanding the Threat” book peddlers John Guandolo and Chris Gaubatz. Plus, Spencer and Cory talk about Randy Bryce, campaign finance, Dakota Access, and initiative and referendum.
The latest Dakota Free Press Podcast is ready for your earbuds! In Episode #15, we talk Pierre political activist Roxanne Weber, organizer of protests, a ballot measure, and a couple of fall forums to promote civil discourse. But first, co-host Spencer Dobson and I talk about how the richer and poorer perceive their sickness and health […]
Joe Berns recaps and critiques the Koch Brothers’ “Moral Case for Capitalism” and leads us into a delightful discussion of economic philosophy. But first, Spencer and Cory recap the Aberdeen election, Trump’s proposed cuts to rural economic development, Bob Ellis’s departure from right-wing blogging, and the First Amendment implications of blocking people from the President’s […]
Spencer and Cory talk about Trump’s budget attacking Indians, mercenaries targeting Dakota Access Pipeline protestors, and the Koch Brothers handing out free pizza. Then we discuss Billie Sutton’s Democratic bona fides and interview Ken Santema, candidate for Aberdeen school board. ***Support this podcast with a contribution via PayPal: www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cm…_id=REQF9P2RYRMN6
Incumbent Aberdeen City Council candidate Dennis “Mike” Olson tells all about the fundamental role water plays in developing our city and other city council issues. But first, Spencer Dobson and I discuss his smashing trip to the Hills, the Deep Borehole Field Test, new U.S. House candidate Eric Terrell, election nerd news, and raw milk.
The Dakota Free Press Podcast goes for two—*two* big local candidate interviews, with Aberdeen school board candidate Aaron Schultz and incumbent northeast Aberdeen city councilman Mark Remily, both of whom are on Aberdeen’s June 6 ballot! But first, co-host Spencer Dobson and I have some fun at Republican gubernatorial candidate Terry LaFleur’s wall-building expense, then […]
Aberdeen City Council northwest district candidate Tom Black sits down to talk with the blog. Black talks the city’s wise choice to choose long-term planning over public sentiment and avoid signing up for rural water. Black rejects fear of immigrants and says new residents have already boosted our workforce and economy and are essential to […]
Brian Sharp talks about his bid for a fifth term on the Aberdeen school board. But first, Spencer and I talk about bad abortion politics causing more women to die in Texas, a Chinese company applying to dig for uranium and dump toxic water in the Black Hills, and Republicans pretending to be “inclusive.” We […]
Green Aberdeen leader Enno Limvere tells us about Green Aberdeen’s local environmental efforts, the Earth Day Fair his group is hosting Saturday, and the theology behind his environmentalism. Plus, co-host Spencer Dobson and I talk about fallout from the Clare Lopez anti-Islam show, backlash against South Dakota’s discriminatory adoption law, Speaker Mark Mickelson and the […]
This week, Spencer Dobson and I discuss Aberdeen’s anti-anti-Islam protest, Kristi Noem’s vanquishing of pine beetles, fishing and private property, and Head Start. Then Spencer and I interview Angie Albonico, leader of an initiative to make it legal for terminally ill South Dakotans to get life-ending drugs from doctors. Have a listen… and if you […]
Latest in The Sioux Empire
- South DaCola Podcast Episode 008 – Greg Jamison and Halloween
- Snakes at a NO School Book Sale Vlog! 📚🐍📚
- Learn Create Build Labs – Building A Better Tomorrow Coming Oct 30th
- Not Too Early to Start Preparing For Winter Weather
- Sioux Empire Podcast 087 – All About Dan Bublitz Jr.
- Pokehon: My New Normal Het Pied Vlog! 🐍🐍🐍
- 2017 Sioux Falls Startup Weekend
- EXCLUSIVE: A Photo Of A Sioux Falls Golf RFP Meeting
- We Finally Live In The Future: THE GIANT ROBOT DUEL
- 2nd annual bug eating contest! 🐛* GUY EATS A LIVE HISSING COCKROACH *🐛
- Attorney General Jackley Asks for Clean Campaign Pledge from Noem
- Feeding My Fish and All My Ball Pythons Vlog! 🐍🐟🎃 💩
- Lyft Sioux Falls – Ride Sharing Coming Soon
- Even More Robot Hype – Giant Robot Duel USA vs Japan
- Urban Indianz Podcast Episode 012 Sturgis Controversy
- It’s Finally Here Oct 17th GIANT ROBOT DUEL: THIS IS NOT A DRILL
- Sioux Empire Podcast 086- The Art of Dan Bublitz Jr.
- South DaCola Podcast Episode 007 – Transparency
- Sioux Empire Podcast 085 – All About Chris Biewer
- Urban Indianz Podcast Episode 011 Savanna Greywind