(HURON, SD) – Local singers can make their voices heard this September at the Dakota Star Talent Competition sponsored by Dakotaland Federal Credit Union at the South Dakota State Fair. More than $2,000 in cash prizes will be awarded to Dakota Star division winners. The grand prize winner in the adult division wins the […]
The best website ever! (According to our Mom)
Sioux Falls, SD– 2018 Sioux Falls Sno Jam Comedy Festival has been announced. In its second year in the Sioux Empire, it will celebrate stand-up comedy over three days February 15th to February 17th, 2018. The festival will feature comedians from all over the country with stand up & themed comedy showcases with net proceeds […]
Sioux Falls City Council Member Theresa Stehly is in the studio to rock the boat on The Sioux Empire Podcast this week. Theresa gives the podcast crew (Robert Mehling, Seth Glover, Natasha Estes) the rundown on her many adventures in local government from her first year on the Sioux Falls City Council. No amount of […]
PIERRE, S.D. – Attorney General Marty Jackley warns that hackers are now using so-called pirate websites to infect computers. These websites, which online users visit to watch illegally distributed movies, music, books, and other copyrighted content, have become a major source for infecting computers with dangerous malware that can lead to identity theft and other serious […]
PIERRE, S.D. – South Dakota’s Highway Patrol officially welcomes its largest group of new troopers to the agency in more than 40 years this Friday during a graduation ceremony held in the State Capitol Rotunda in Pierre. Class 59 consists of 20 recruits — 15 men and five women. It is the Highway Patrol’s […]
PIERRE, S.D. – South Dakota state government closed the 2017 budget year on June 30 marking the sixth consecutive year with a surplus, Gov. Dennis Daugaard announced today. Despite lower revenue, the state general fund budget for Fiscal Year 2017 ended with a $7.9 million cash surplus due to lower expenditures than budgeted. The […]
Wacko’s Comedy Club owner Kellen Marson is back on the podcast to tell Robert Mehling and Seth Glover how fun/scary that job is. We talk about the challenges of the comedy industry and creative ways Kellen has worked to meet the challenges. We also hear a little bit about how hypnosis changed his life and […]
PIERRE, S.D. – South Dakota Attorney General Marty Jackley announced today an Attorney General Explanation for a proposed constitutional amendment has been filed with the Secretary of State. This statement will appear on a petition that will be circulated by the sponsor of the amendment. If the sponsor obtains a sufficient number of signatures (27,741) by […]
Thune: The U.S. Must Prevent a Nuclear-Capable North Korea
Gage Brothers today announced the construction of a new plant featuring a multi-million dollar investment in state-of-the-art technology rarely used in the manufacture of precast concrete in the United States. The new manufacturing facility will be located at 2800 N. Bahnson Avenue off of Interstate 229, in northeast Sioux Falls. “We are celebrating our proud […]
Latest in The Sioux Empire
- Make Your Voice Heard at the SD State Fair – 2017 Dakota Star
- 2018 Sioux Falls Sno Jam Comedy Festival Announced!
- SiouxperCon Moving to Fall and to The Sioux Falls Convention Center in 2018
- A Magician Among the Spirits Coming August 3rd.
- The Sioux Empire Podcast at 1 Million Cups Sioux Falls
- Time Management for Authors – My Saturday AM Routine – Ask A Publisher Ep. #8
- Was There a Giant Sioux Serpent in 1887? The Sioux Empire Investigates.
- We’ll Miss You Wacko’s Comedy Club
- DargonCon 5 – Badlands Rumble
- South DaCola Podcast 003 Wooo!
- Panic in Detroit: Part 2
- Shut Up and Take My Money: Ready Player One Trailer
- Urban Indianz Podcast Episode 007 – Native Hip Hop
- Sioux Empire Podcast 076- Parks and Recreation with Sioux Falls City Council Member Theresa Stehly
- Divided We Fall: a New Civil War
- Live Music Events In The Sioux Falls Area 7/23-7/31
- Doctor Whom? Why Not a Male Doctor Who? Or: That’s the Problem with Regeneration.
- Maybe He Should Just Move Here: Garth Brooks Announces Still More Sioux Falls Shows
- Panic in Detroit: Part 1
- Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington Dead at 41