One of our favorite generators of arbitrary lists on the internet Wallet Hub says that Sioux Falls is one of the least stressful cities in America. What do you think about that? When stress reaches an unmanageable level, however — that is, when it turns “chronic” — we become vulnerable to its damaging effects such as health […]
PIERRE, S.D. – South Dakota’s Highway Patrol officially welcomes its largest group of new troopers to the agency in more than 40 years this Friday during a graduation ceremony held in the State Capitol Rotunda in Pierre. Class 59 consists of 20 recruits — 15 men and five women. It is the Highway Patrol’s […]
It is a miracle that the sad case of Charlie Gard continues to gather so much attention from media outlets and people around the world. The lessons that we can learn and should learn from these injustices against the Gard family are important and prophetic. Unfortunately, too many of us are turning this into a […]
Rounds, Donnelly Introduce Bipartisan Legislation to Improve VA Data Sharing and Combat Opioid Abuse Epidemic
WASHINGTON—U.S. Sens. Mike Rounds (R-S.D.) and Joe Donnelly (D-Ind.) today announced the introduction of the VA Prescription Data Accountability Act, bipartisan legislation that would clarify current law to allow the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to share data with state Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs (PDMPs) for patients who are prescribed opioids by VA providers, including […]
Episode 6 “Fatherhood” of The Urban Indianz Podcast is a wrap and is available for your listening pleasure! Shoutout to Hill BobbyLite for joining us and sharing some of his story and Levi interviews Larry Richert of Fattys Tattys in the Art To Art segment and I hear that Night Shield fella is featured in […]
PIERRE, S.D. – The upcoming Fourth of July holiday is a popular time in South Dakota’s state parks and recreation areas. The South Dakota Game, Fish and Parks (GFP) is asking state park visitors to leave fireworks at home. “Parks are a Fourth of July destination,” said state park director Katie Ceroll. “For many guests, […]
PIERRE, S.D. – As the Fourth of July holiday approaches, the South Dakota Game, Fish, and Parks (GFP) is joining a national effort to highlight boating safety. Operation Dry Water will take place June 30 – July 2, 2017, promoting boating safety and responsible use of alcohol while boating across the country. “We want to ensure […]
Urban Indianz Podcast Episode 004 – The Balance of Life With Gabriel Night Shield, Levi Hansen, and Char Green-Maximo Produced by Robert Mehling Special Guest: Melissa Buffalo Butterflybuffalo Page https://www.facebook.com/butterflybuffalo/ Art To Art: Anthony Withers https://www.facebook.com/allwitherseverything Native Hip Hop Spotlight – ALAS “Deathless” https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Kk7APpStbEI&app=desktop Tags and Topics: Gabriel Night Shield, Levi […]
Urban Indianz Podcast Episode 005 – Bonus Interview with David and Sydney Claymore Gabriel Night Shield, Levi Hansen, and Char Green-Maximo Produced by Robert Mehling Links and info to Help Woope Claymore: David Claymore PO Box 3195 Rapid City, SD 57709-3195 605-858-5199 https://www.gofundme.com/e94zbw https://www.facebook.com/Looking-for-a-Kidney-Donor-for-Woope-Claymore-154900237907463/ Native Hip Hop Spotlight – Flat NDN Butt (Straight […]
I have long been curious about a fellow Rapid City woman that I see making a real difference in our community. I first met Naomi Even-Aberle in 2015, through the Arts Legacy Project (she was an artist, and I was a featured storyteller, and then the following year she was a featured storyteller). Naomi is […]
Latest in The Sioux Empire
- Make Your Voice Heard at the SD State Fair – 2017 Dakota Star
- 2018 Sioux Falls Sno Jam Comedy Festival Announced!
- SiouxperCon Moving to Fall and to The Sioux Falls Convention Center in 2018
- A Magician Among the Spirits Coming August 3rd.
- The Sioux Empire Podcast at 1 Million Cups Sioux Falls
- Time Management for Authors – My Saturday AM Routine – Ask A Publisher Ep. #8
- Was There a Giant Sioux Serpent in 1887? The Sioux Empire Investigates.
- We’ll Miss You Wacko’s Comedy Club
- DargonCon 5 – Badlands Rumble
- South DaCola Podcast 003 Wooo!
- Panic in Detroit: Part 2
- Shut Up and Take My Money: Ready Player One Trailer
- Urban Indianz Podcast Episode 007 – Native Hip Hop
- Sioux Empire Podcast 076- Parks and Recreation with Sioux Falls City Council Member Theresa Stehly
- Divided We Fall: a New Civil War
- Live Music Events In The Sioux Falls Area 7/23-7/31
- Doctor Whom? Why Not a Male Doctor Who? Or: That’s the Problem with Regeneration.
- Maybe He Should Just Move Here: Garth Brooks Announces Still More Sioux Falls Shows
- Panic in Detroit: Part 1
- Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington Dead at 41