Robert Mehling gives a talk about a little topic near and dear to his heart; Podcasting. About 1 Million Cups: Based on the notion that entrepreneurs discover solutions and network over a million cups of coffee, the Kauffman Foundation developed 1 Million Cups – a free program designed to educate, engage, and connect entrepreneurs with […]
Did a big serpent call the Big Sioux home? A recent article on the KSOO webpage seems to think so. The Sioux Serpent was reportedly sighted in the summer of 1887 by a group of men fishing on the river. According to the green historical sign posted on East 41st street, the monster was […]
South DaCola Podcast 003 Wooo! Host Scott L. Ehrisman and nameless co-host. Produced by Robert Mehling Theme Music “Rainy Day” by Brian Masek & Friends Tags and Topics Scott L. Ehrisman, South DaCola, Robert Mehling, Elections, Billie Sutton, Mike Huether, Fundraising, Kermit Staggers, Dusty Johnson, Shantel Krebs, Charlie Brown, Marty Jackley, Kristi Noem, Democrats, Republicans, […]
Editors Note, this column is part two of ongoing series. Click here for part one. This week marks 50 years since the 1967 Riots in Detroit. With the upcoming film “Detroit,” I wanted to visit the Riots as an important historical event, specifically through the prism of my family. I was born in Detroit five […]
Urban Indianz Podcast Episode 007 – Native Hip Hop With Gabriel Night Shield, Levi Hansen, Char Green-Maximo, and Kat Stands Produced by Robert Mehling Special Guests: Troy EagleChasing aka Maniac The Supernatural and Brandis B. Knudsen aka B. of Dakota South Art To Art: Jake Handegard https://www.facebook.com/morningsideweddings/?pnref=lhc Native Hip Hop Spotlight – Levi […]
I’m an idiot for wanting to write this. I know that what I’m about to do is an impossible thankless task. I well know that having anything other than childlike wonder and glee about a woman being the Doctor makes any alternative opinion moot and disclaimer pointless, but I’m still going to try to tell […]
Fifty years ago this month, I was in Detroit, Michigan. Well, my parents were in Detroit – I was actually in utero. I was born in December of 1967 and conceived likely sometime in March of that year. As a Gen-Xer born during those turbulent days of the late Sixties, I’ve often thought of myself […]
It is a miracle that the sad case of Charlie Gard continues to gather so much attention from media outlets and people around the world. The lessons that we can learn and should learn from these injustices against the Gard family are important and prophetic. Unfortunately, too many of us are turning this into a […]
On Saturday, July 8th, 2017 surviving crew members and their families and descendants gathered at the USS South Dakota Battleship Memorial in Sioux Falls (2705 W 12th St, Sioux Falls, SD 57104) for a moving reunion ceremony. Music was played by the Sioux Falls Municipal Band (Conductor Mr. Christopher Hill). Seven WWII crewmembers from USS South Dakota were present. The […]
South DaCola Podcast 002 America Host Scott L. Ehrisman and nameless co-host. Produced by Robert Mehling Theme Music “Rainy Day” by Brian Masek & Friends
Latest in The Sioux Empire
- Make Your Voice Heard at the SD State Fair – 2017 Dakota Star
- 2018 Sioux Falls Sno Jam Comedy Festival Announced!
- SiouxperCon Moving to Fall and to The Sioux Falls Convention Center in 2018
- A Magician Among the Spirits Coming August 3rd.
- The Sioux Empire Podcast at 1 Million Cups Sioux Falls
- Time Management for Authors – My Saturday AM Routine – Ask A Publisher Ep. #8
- Was There a Giant Sioux Serpent in 1887? The Sioux Empire Investigates.
- We’ll Miss You Wacko’s Comedy Club
- DargonCon 5 – Badlands Rumble
- South DaCola Podcast 003 Wooo!
- Panic in Detroit: Part 2
- Shut Up and Take My Money: Ready Player One Trailer
- Urban Indianz Podcast Episode 007 – Native Hip Hop
- Sioux Empire Podcast 076- Parks and Recreation with Sioux Falls City Council Member Theresa Stehly
- Divided We Fall: a New Civil War
- Live Music Events In The Sioux Falls Area 7/23-7/31
- Doctor Whom? Why Not a Male Doctor Who? Or: That’s the Problem with Regeneration.
- Maybe He Should Just Move Here: Garth Brooks Announces Still More Sioux Falls Shows
- Panic in Detroit: Part 1
- Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington Dead at 41