South DaCola Podcast 003 Wooo! Host Scott L. Ehrisman and nameless co-host. Produced by Robert Mehling Theme Music “Rainy Day” by Brian Masek & Friends Tags and Topics Scott L. Ehrisman, South DaCola, Robert Mehling, Elections, Billie Sutton, Mike Huether, Fundraising, Kermit Staggers, Dusty Johnson, Shantel Krebs, Charlie Brown, Marty Jackley, Kristi Noem, Democrats, Republicans, […]
Sioux Falls City Council Member Theresa Stehly is in the studio to rock the boat on The Sioux Empire Podcast this week. Theresa gives the podcast crew (Robert Mehling, Seth Glover, Natasha Estes) the rundown on her many adventures in local government from her first year on the Sioux Falls City Council. No amount of […]
We have just celebrated the 241st birthday of the United States of America. Over beer and brats, sparklers and skyrockets, we gathered in our neighborhoods and loudly cheered our nation’s Independence Day. (I was actually at home on the Fourth, trying to soothe two little dogs who were deeply disturbed by the pops and whistles […]
I’m an idiot for wanting to write this. I know that what I’m about to do is an impossible thankless task. I well know that having anything other than childlike wonder and glee about a woman being the Doctor makes any alternative opinion moot and disclaimer pointless, but I’m still going to try to tell […]
Billie Sutton, the Democratic candidate for South Dakota Governor, held a meet and greet event with voters at Falls Park in Sioux Falls Wednesday, July 19th. Sutton gave a short speech before focusing on meeting with voters one on one. The crowd present was estimated at 200-300 people.
PIERRE, S.D. – South Dakota’s Highway Patrol officially welcomes its largest group of new troopers to the agency in more than 40 years this Friday during a graduation ceremony held in the State Capitol Rotunda in Pierre. Class 59 consists of 20 recruits — 15 men and five women. It is the Highway Patrol’s […]
PIERRE, S.D. – South Dakota state government closed the 2017 budget year on June 30 marking the sixth consecutive year with a surplus, Gov. Dennis Daugaard announced today. Despite lower revenue, the state general fund budget for Fiscal Year 2017 ended with a $7.9 million cash surplus due to lower expenditures than budgeted. The […]
It is a miracle that the sad case of Charlie Gard continues to gather so much attention from media outlets and people around the world. The lessons that we can learn and should learn from these injustices against the Gard family are important and prophetic. Unfortunately, too many of us are turning this into a […]
Rounds, Donnelly Introduce Bipartisan Legislation to Improve VA Data Sharing and Combat Opioid Abuse Epidemic
WASHINGTON—U.S. Sens. Mike Rounds (R-S.D.) and Joe Donnelly (D-Ind.) today announced the introduction of the VA Prescription Data Accountability Act, bipartisan legislation that would clarify current law to allow the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to share data with state Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs (PDMPs) for patients who are prescribed opioids by VA providers, including […]
PIERRE, S.D. – South Dakota Attorney General Marty Jackley announced today an Attorney General Explanation for a proposed constitutional amendment has been filed with the Secretary of State. This statement will appear on a petition that will be circulated by the sponsor of the amendment. If the sponsor obtains a sufficient number of signatures (27,741) by […]
Latest in The Sioux Empire
- Make Your Voice Heard at the SD State Fair – 2017 Dakota Star
- 2018 Sioux Falls Sno Jam Comedy Festival Announced!
- SiouxperCon Moving to Fall and to The Sioux Falls Convention Center in 2018
- A Magician Among the Spirits Coming August 3rd.
- The Sioux Empire Podcast at 1 Million Cups Sioux Falls
- Time Management for Authors – My Saturday AM Routine – Ask A Publisher Ep. #8
- Was There a Giant Sioux Serpent in 1887? The Sioux Empire Investigates.
- We’ll Miss You Wacko’s Comedy Club
- DargonCon 5 – Badlands Rumble
- South DaCola Podcast 003 Wooo!
- Panic in Detroit: Part 2
- Shut Up and Take My Money: Ready Player One Trailer
- Urban Indianz Podcast Episode 007 – Native Hip Hop
- Sioux Empire Podcast 076- Parks and Recreation with Sioux Falls City Council Member Theresa Stehly
- Divided We Fall: a New Civil War
- Live Music Events In The Sioux Falls Area 7/23-7/31
- Doctor Whom? Why Not a Male Doctor Who? Or: That’s the Problem with Regeneration.
- Maybe He Should Just Move Here: Garth Brooks Announces Still More Sioux Falls Shows
- Panic in Detroit: Part 1
- Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington Dead at 41