It is a miracle that the sad case of Charlie Gard continues to gather so much attention from media outlets and people around the world. The lessons that we can learn and should learn from these injustices against the Gard family are important and prophetic. Unfortunately, too many of us are turning this into a […]
Earlier this week I posted a blog here at The Sioux Empire about TEDxRapidCity 2017. I served on the member committee during the first year (2015) and was a featured speaker at TEDx 2016 (“The Moral Imperative to Know, Live and Share Your Story”) and this year would be serving as a volunteer. I promised […]
Howdy neighbor! This week the Sioux Empire Podcast crew of Robert Mehling and Natasha Estes set out with Sarah Rhea Werner (Host of the Write Now Podcast and Forbes Contributor) explore what it is to be good neighbors. Sioux Empire Podcast and Sarah Rhea Werner have officially learned that the best way to get along […]
Thune Discusses IHS Accountability Bill at Indian Affairs Committee Hearing
On Monday, both sides presented opening statements in what could become the biggest defamation trial in American history, the so called “Pink Slime” Trial. All of it happening in Union County South Dakota. (Despite ABC’s repeated attempts to move the case to federal court) Beef Products Inc. (BPI) told jurors how a series of ABC […]
Adult as a verb began in earnest in 2008/2009 during the height of the “Great Recession”, when many young adults graduated from college only to find the jobs they had been preparing for disappeared. Before then the idea of graduating and getting a job was somewhat the obvious point at which the person considered themselves […]
Code Bootcamp of South Dakota is hosting a 5-day bootcamp for middle school students (ages 10-16). We will be using Construct 2 gaming engine. LIMITED to 15 students! Price is $299.99 Includes daily snacks and drinks (Construct 2 requires a Windows-based laptop) NO PRIOR EXPERIENCE NEEDED When? Current dates that we have on the calendar […]
PIERRE, S.D. – As a Minnesota measles outbreak nears 50 cases, a South Dakota health official urges state residents to make sure their immunizations are up to date. South Dakota reported its last measles cases in late 2014 when an outbreak centered in Mitchell sickened 10 state residents and four out-of-state residents. Prior to that […]
By Sen. John Thune If you live in South Dakota, you know how quickly the weather can change. One minute it’s warm and sunny, and in the blink of an eye, you’re in the middle of a torrential downpour. From harsh winters to hot summers, we get a little of everything. And as folks in […]
Brian Sharp talks about his bid for a fifth term on the Aberdeen school board. But first, Spencer and I talk about bad abortion politics causing more women to die in Texas, a Chinese company applying to dig for uranium and dump toxic water in the Black Hills, and Republicans pretending to be “inclusive.” We […]
Latest in The Sioux Empire
- Make Your Voice Heard at the SD State Fair – 2017 Dakota Star
- 2018 Sioux Falls Sno Jam Comedy Festival Announced!
- SiouxperCon Moving to Fall and to The Sioux Falls Convention Center in 2018
- A Magician Among the Spirits Coming August 3rd.
- The Sioux Empire Podcast at 1 Million Cups Sioux Falls
- Time Management for Authors – My Saturday AM Routine – Ask A Publisher Ep. #8
- Was There a Giant Sioux Serpent in 1887? The Sioux Empire Investigates.
- We’ll Miss You Wacko’s Comedy Club
- DargonCon 5 – Badlands Rumble
- South DaCola Podcast 003 Wooo!
- Panic in Detroit: Part 2
- Shut Up and Take My Money: Ready Player One Trailer
- Urban Indianz Podcast Episode 007 – Native Hip Hop
- Sioux Empire Podcast 076- Parks and Recreation with Sioux Falls City Council Member Theresa Stehly
- Divided We Fall: a New Civil War
- Live Music Events In The Sioux Falls Area 7/23-7/31
- Doctor Whom? Why Not a Male Doctor Who? Or: That’s the Problem with Regeneration.
- Maybe He Should Just Move Here: Garth Brooks Announces Still More Sioux Falls Shows
- Panic in Detroit: Part 1
- Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington Dead at 41