Sioux Falls, SD– 2018 Sioux Falls Sno Jam Comedy Festival has been announced. In its second year in the Sioux Empire, it will celebrate stand-up comedy over three days February 15th to February 17th, 2018. The festival will feature comedians from all over the country with stand up & themed comedy showcases with net proceeds […]
Urban Indianz Podcast Episode 007 – Native Hip Hop With Gabriel Night Shield, Levi Hansen, Char Green-Maximo, and Kat Stands Produced by Robert Mehling Special Guests: Troy EagleChasing aka Maniac The Supernatural and Brandis B. Knudsen aka B. of Dakota South Art To Art: Jake Handegard https://www.facebook.com/morningsideweddings/?pnref=lhc Native Hip Hop Spotlight – Levi […]
PIERRE, S.D. – South Dakota’s Highway Patrol officially welcomes its largest group of new troopers to the agency in more than 40 years this Friday during a graduation ceremony held in the State Capitol Rotunda in Pierre. Class 59 consists of 20 recruits — 15 men and five women. It is the Highway Patrol’s […]
Enjoy this bonus interview with Cassandra Nixon, the Sioux Empire’s Queen of cosplay planning. She stops by the studio to give Robert Mehling an update on all of the Day-cons coming up in the second half of 2017. They also discuss broader topics of geek culture and it’s rise to prominence in popular culture. […]
Earlier this week I posted a blog here at The Sioux Empire about TEDxRapidCity 2017. I served on the member committee during the first year (2015) and was a featured speaker at TEDx 2016 (“The Moral Imperative to Know, Live and Share Your Story”) and this year would be serving as a volunteer. I promised […]
PIERRE, S.D. – The upcoming Fourth of July holiday is a popular time in South Dakota’s state parks and recreation areas. The South Dakota Game, Fish and Parks (GFP) is asking state park visitors to leave fireworks at home. “Parks are a Fourth of July destination,” said state park director Katie Ceroll. “For many guests, […]
PIERRE, S.D. –Celebrate the 4th of July early in South Dakota’s state parks. From parades to campsite decorating contests, state parks are ready to celebrate the holiday weekend with family fun for all ages. Saturday, July 1 A Classic Fourth, Fort Sisseton Historic State Park, Lake City. 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. CT. Info: 605.448.5474 Extreme […]
In this episode, Dan sits down with Spencer Dobson. Spencer does a little jam sesh with Dan’s cigar box guitar and they talk about different flavors of bombing on stage. For more on Spencer check out his website www.spencerdobsoncomedy.com In “The Art of Bombing” podcast, aspiring comedian Dan Bublitz Jr sits down with comedians of all […]
PIERRE, S.D. – As the Fourth of July holiday approaches, the South Dakota Game, Fish, and Parks (GFP) is joining a national effort to highlight boating safety. Operation Dry Water will take place June 30 – July 2, 2017, promoting boating safety and responsible use of alcohol while boating across the country. “We want to ensure […]
Urban Indianz Podcast Episode 005 – Bonus Interview with David and Sydney Claymore Gabriel Night Shield, Levi Hansen, and Char Green-Maximo Produced by Robert Mehling Links and info to Help Woope Claymore: David Claymore PO Box 3195 Rapid City, SD 57709-3195 605-858-5199 https://www.gofundme.com/e94zbw https://www.facebook.com/Looking-for-a-Kidney-Donor-for-Woope-Claymore-154900237907463/ Native Hip Hop Spotlight – Flat NDN Butt (Straight […]
Latest in The Sioux Empire
- Make Your Voice Heard at the SD State Fair – 2017 Dakota Star
- 2018 Sioux Falls Sno Jam Comedy Festival Announced!
- SiouxperCon Moving to Fall and to The Sioux Falls Convention Center in 2018
- A Magician Among the Spirits Coming August 3rd.
- The Sioux Empire Podcast at 1 Million Cups Sioux Falls
- Time Management for Authors – My Saturday AM Routine – Ask A Publisher Ep. #8
- Was There a Giant Sioux Serpent in 1887? The Sioux Empire Investigates.
- We’ll Miss You Wacko’s Comedy Club
- DargonCon 5 – Badlands Rumble
- South DaCola Podcast 003 Wooo!
- Panic in Detroit: Part 2
- Shut Up and Take My Money: Ready Player One Trailer
- Urban Indianz Podcast Episode 007 – Native Hip Hop
- Sioux Empire Podcast 076- Parks and Recreation with Sioux Falls City Council Member Theresa Stehly
- Divided We Fall: a New Civil War
- Live Music Events In The Sioux Falls Area 7/23-7/31
- Doctor Whom? Why Not a Male Doctor Who? Or: That’s the Problem with Regeneration.
- Maybe He Should Just Move Here: Garth Brooks Announces Still More Sioux Falls Shows
- Panic in Detroit: Part 1
- Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington Dead at 41