PIERRE, S.D. – South Dakota’s Highway Patrol officially welcomes its largest group of new troopers to the agency in more than 40 years this Friday during a graduation ceremony held in the State Capitol Rotunda in Pierre. Class 59 consists of 20 recruits — 15 men and five women. It is the Highway Patrol’s […]
This week Joe Berns and Spencer Dobson sit in on Aberdeen’s latest fear fest, the April 16 anti-Muslim slideshow featuring “Understanding the Threat” book peddlers John Guandolo and Chris Gaubatz. Plus, Spencer and Cory talk about Randy Bryce, campaign finance, Dakota Access, and initiative and referendum.
PIERRE, S.D. — Historic preservation projects in Aberdeen, Canton, Hot Springs, Ipswich and Oakwood Lakes State Park have received matching grants from the South Dakota State Historical Society. “2017 is the 20th year for this historic preservation grants program,” said Jay D. Vogt, director of the State Historical Society. “In 2016 we awarded $108,204 between […]
The Dakota Free Press Podcast goes for two—*two* big local candidate interviews, with Aberdeen school board candidate Aaron Schultz and incumbent northeast Aberdeen city councilman Mark Remily, both of whom are on Aberdeen’s June 6 ballot! But first, co-host Spencer Dobson and I have some fun at Republican gubernatorial candidate Terry LaFleur’s wall-building expense, then […]
Aberdeen City Council northwest district candidate Tom Black sits down to talk with the blog. Black talks the city’s wise choice to choose long-term planning over public sentiment and avoid signing up for rural water. Black rejects fear of immigrants and says new residents have already boosted our workforce and economy and are essential to […]
This week, Spencer Dobson and I discuss Aberdeen’s anti-anti-Islam protest, Kristi Noem’s vanquishing of pine beetles, fishing and private property, and Head Start. Then Spencer and I interview Angie Albonico, leader of an initiative to make it legal for terminally ill South Dakotans to get life-ending drugs from doctors. Have a listen… and if you […]
The SoDakLiberty blog is back in the saddle with some great video from protestors outside of the Clare Lopez “Neo-Clan rally” (Those are my words to describe it) in Aberdeen, SD. Events like this are taking place across South Dakota and I think it’s important to let people know that not everyone in South Dakota buys the […]
Greetings April Fools! This week the regular cast of the podcast (Robert Mehling, Corbin Brooks, and Travis Nye) sit down to talk with comedian Zach Dresch. We try to decide who is the more narcissistic generation, the Baby Boomers or Millennials? We also talk about flat earther Brannon Howse’s ignorance tour coming to Sioux Falls, […]
Spencer Dobson is an awesome comedian from Aberdeen and has been on the podcast before. He does a YouTube series called “Cartoons” where he animates some of his stand-up routines. They are pretty awesome. Here is his latest episode. Be sure to like and subscribe to his YouTube Channel! Also, check out his great stuff at http://www.spencerdobsoncomedy.com/ […]
PIERRE, S.D. – Gov. Dennis Daugaard has reappointed Doug Hansen of Webster, Wayne Bunge of Rapid City, Charlie Moe of Rosebud and Aaron Kiesz of Aberdeen to the State Conservation Commission. Hansen will serve as the commission’s at-large representative. Moe and Bunge will serves as the commission’s tree industry representatives. Kiesz will serve as the […]
Latest in The Sioux Empire
- Make Your Voice Heard at the SD State Fair – 2017 Dakota Star
- 2018 Sioux Falls Sno Jam Comedy Festival Announced!
- SiouxperCon Moving to Fall and to The Sioux Falls Convention Center in 2018
- A Magician Among the Spirits Coming August 3rd.
- The Sioux Empire Podcast at 1 Million Cups Sioux Falls
- Time Management for Authors – My Saturday AM Routine – Ask A Publisher Ep. #8
- Was There a Giant Sioux Serpent in 1887? The Sioux Empire Investigates.
- We’ll Miss You Wacko’s Comedy Club
- DargonCon 5 – Badlands Rumble
- South DaCola Podcast 003 Wooo!
- Panic in Detroit: Part 2
- Shut Up and Take My Money: Ready Player One Trailer
- Urban Indianz Podcast Episode 007 – Native Hip Hop
- Sioux Empire Podcast 076- Parks and Recreation with Sioux Falls City Council Member Theresa Stehly
- Divided We Fall: a New Civil War
- Live Music Events In The Sioux Falls Area 7/23-7/31
- Doctor Whom? Why Not a Male Doctor Who? Or: That’s the Problem with Regeneration.
- Maybe He Should Just Move Here: Garth Brooks Announces Still More Sioux Falls Shows
- Panic in Detroit: Part 1
- Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington Dead at 41