Wacko’s Comedy Club owner Kellen Marson is back on the podcast to tell Robert Mehling and Seth Glover how fun/scary that job is. We talk about the challenges of the comedy industry and creative ways Kellen has worked to meet the challenges. We also hear a little bit about how hypnosis changed his life and […]
Enjoy this bonus interview with Cassandra Nixon, the Sioux Empire’s Queen of cosplay planning. She stops by the studio to give Robert Mehling an update on all of the Day-cons coming up in the second half of 2017. They also discuss broader topics of geek culture and it’s rise to prominence in popular culture. […]
It’s that time again, the time for another sporadic 10-Spot Spotlight. If you keep up with this column you might remember back to late March/early April, we released a 10-Spot “comics you should know” special edition featuring comics from across the country. I really hope that you took the time to check them out as […]
Sioux Falls officially has it’s own Late Night style talk show. Sioux Empire Tonight is filmed in front of a live studio audience out at Wacko’s Comedy Club. It features a who’s who of the local comedy scene including the clown prince of Sioux Falls Comedy himself Zac Dresch as host and master of ceremonies. The […]
In this episode, Dan sits down with Spencer Dobson. Spencer does a little jam sesh with Dan’s cigar box guitar and they talk about different flavors of bombing on stage. For more on Spencer check out his website www.spencerdobsoncomedy.com In “The Art of Bombing” podcast, aspiring comedian Dan Bublitz Jr sits down with comedians of all […]
In this episode, Dan sits down with Sean Jordan a Sioux Falls native that now resides in Los Angles. They talk about performing for bikers, clubs not having security, and fights breaking out in clubs. Sean has a few different stories about bombing on stage and some great insight about being honest with yourself when […]
In this episode, Dan sits down with Michael Castleberry, an old friend and stand up comic from San Diego, CA. Michael talks about the time he bombed at Winston’s OB in San Diego when he and Dan were co-headlining their weekly comedy show. In “The Art of Bombing” podcast, aspiring comedian Dan Bublitz Jr sits down […]
In this episode accompanied by Casey Kustak, Dan sits down with DJ Dangler. DJ has a great story about how he almost got arrested for domestic terrorism and then talks about bombing on stage during the NCAA season opener and then having to deal with an audience member after a show. In “The Art of […]
In this episode Dan talks about some person things going on in his own life along with a rant about comedians that make jokes on social media when tragedies happen. This week’s guest is Timmy Williams from the Whitest Kids U Know. He shares a similar story with Dan about doing a corporate gig in […]
In all of the 10-Spot Spotlights, I’ve sat down and chatted with local comedians and producers to help spotlight them and our wonderful local comedy scene. In this bonus 10-Spot Spotlight, I wanted to do something a little different and spotlight 10 comedians that I think you should know. As long as I can […]
Latest in The Sioux Empire
- Make Your Voice Heard at the SD State Fair – 2017 Dakota Star
- 2018 Sioux Falls Sno Jam Comedy Festival Announced!
- SiouxperCon Moving to Fall and to The Sioux Falls Convention Center in 2018
- A Magician Among the Spirits Coming August 3rd.
- The Sioux Empire Podcast at 1 Million Cups Sioux Falls
- Time Management for Authors – My Saturday AM Routine – Ask A Publisher Ep. #8
- Was There a Giant Sioux Serpent in 1887? The Sioux Empire Investigates.
- We’ll Miss You Wacko’s Comedy Club
- DargonCon 5 – Badlands Rumble
- South DaCola Podcast 003 Wooo!
- Panic in Detroit: Part 2
- Shut Up and Take My Money: Ready Player One Trailer
- Urban Indianz Podcast Episode 007 – Native Hip Hop
- Sioux Empire Podcast 076- Parks and Recreation with Sioux Falls City Council Member Theresa Stehly
- Divided We Fall: a New Civil War
- Live Music Events In The Sioux Falls Area 7/23-7/31
- Doctor Whom? Why Not a Male Doctor Who? Or: That’s the Problem with Regeneration.
- Maybe He Should Just Move Here: Garth Brooks Announces Still More Sioux Falls Shows
- Panic in Detroit: Part 1
- Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington Dead at 41