With Gabriel Night Shield, Levi Hansen, and Char Green-Maximo Guest Lisa Amesoli Producer Robert Mehling Art To Art: Robert Mehling Native Hip Hop Spotlight – B of Dakota South – Come And Get Your Love Top Story: http://www.startribune.com/walker-will-take-down-controversial-sculpture-after-protests/424820003/#1 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dakota_War_of_1862 Dignity Sculpture: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipjNirIFGF4 Tags and Topics Gabriel Night Shield, Levi Hansen, […]
PIERRE, S.D.- Spring is the best time of year to plant new trees to get them established. With that in mind, the South Dakota Department of Agriculture’s (SDDA) Resource Conservation and Forestry Division (RCF) encourages South Dakotans to plant different varieties of trees. May 21-27 is Emerald Ash Borer (EAB) Awareness Week. The ash […]
PIERRE, S.D. – As a Minnesota measles outbreak nears 50 cases, a South Dakota health official urges state residents to make sure their immunizations are up to date. South Dakota reported its last measles cases in late 2014 when an outbreak centered in Mitchell sickened 10 state residents and four out-of-state residents. Prior to that […]
PIERRE, S.D. – Flags at the State Capitol will fly at half-staff on Monday, May 8, 2017, to honor the life of Leo Thorsness, a recipient of the Congressional Medal of Honor, who passed away on May 2. Thorsness, 85, was born in Walnut Grove, Minnesota, in 1932. He attended South Dakota State College, […]
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. – The South Dakota Department of Transportation says crews will begin concrete pavement repair work on Interstate 29 from south of Exit 86 (Renner/Crooks) to north of Exit 109 (Colman/Madison) on Monday, April 3, 2017. The contractor will be setting up traffic control devices to reduce traffic down to one lane […]
Happy New Year and welcome back Sioux Empire! The Sioux Empire Podcast is hitting the ground running with Robert Mehling, Seth Glover, and Emily Gheorghiu on deck. Our guest host this week is Ross Wickman, host of the outstanding Technically Living Podcast. We cover all sorts of local stories like crafty six-year-old criminals, doomsday west […]
So this is it friends, the last episode of The Sioux Empire Podcast before we go on break for the holidays. Host Robert Mehling invited Paul Schipper on the show to talk a little bit about this, not at all controversial election. The rest of “The Zoo Crew” (Seth Glover, Natasha Estes, and Emily Gheorghiu) […]
The Sioux Falls Pride Festival 2016 was vibrant and full of love and acceptance. Just stepping foot onto Terrace Park I immediately smiled, because the energy was so strong. People of all ages were out celebrating love on Saturday, June 18. The community came together and provided a loving experience for our LGBT community and […]
The St. Paul chapter of Black Lives Matter has promised the first Saturday of the Minnesota State Fair will not be “business as usual.” Organizer Rashad Turner said Friday afternoon that he expects nearly 1,000 people will march from Hamline Park in St. Paul along Snelling Avenue to reach the front gates of the fair. […]
SEP004 – Luke Bryan Fever, end of English, is MN the best we can do?, and KSFY says we’re all gonna die
This week the Sioux Empire Podcast is a little bit of country, a lot of volcanoes, and way too much Minnesota. Wel also tak bout speling in the UK… Is it ok? This week we are featuring Sioux Falls group Soulcrate Music with a song called Unison from their 2013 album Welcome Back from Wherever […]
Latest in The Sioux Empire
- Make Your Voice Heard at the SD State Fair – 2017 Dakota Star
- 2018 Sioux Falls Sno Jam Comedy Festival Announced!
- SiouxperCon Moving to Fall and to The Sioux Falls Convention Center in 2018
- A Magician Among the Spirits Coming August 3rd.
- The Sioux Empire Podcast at 1 Million Cups Sioux Falls
- Time Management for Authors – My Saturday AM Routine – Ask A Publisher Ep. #8
- Was There a Giant Sioux Serpent in 1887? The Sioux Empire Investigates.
- We’ll Miss You Wacko’s Comedy Club
- DargonCon 5 – Badlands Rumble
- South DaCola Podcast 003 Wooo!
- Panic in Detroit: Part 2
- Shut Up and Take My Money: Ready Player One Trailer
- Urban Indianz Podcast Episode 007 – Native Hip Hop
- Sioux Empire Podcast 076- Parks and Recreation with Sioux Falls City Council Member Theresa Stehly
- Divided We Fall: a New Civil War
- Live Music Events In The Sioux Falls Area 7/23-7/31
- Doctor Whom? Why Not a Male Doctor Who? Or: That’s the Problem with Regeneration.
- Maybe He Should Just Move Here: Garth Brooks Announces Still More Sioux Falls Shows
- Panic in Detroit: Part 1
- Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington Dead at 41