PIERRE, S.D. – In light of the Dakota Access Pipeline protests which occurred in North Dakota, South Dakota’s state and tribal law enforcement are having public safety discussions. The first strategic planning meeting was held on Friday, April 28, in Mitchell, where participants discussed potential pipeline protests. Tribal Relations Secretary Steve Emery, who attended […]
From The News & Observer: Gov. Dennis Daugaard’s office is pursuing legislation to make it clear that the governor’s emergency response powers apply to destructive protests, create new trespassing penalties and make it a crime to obstruct highways based on lessons North Dakota learned from large demonstrations over the Dakota Access pipeline last year. Officials […]
Two North Dakota Lawmakers are taking some heat after remarks they made during a debate at the state’s House of Representatives. The topic was about trying to wipe old Blue Laws off the books that would allow businesses to be open on Sundays. North Dakota’s Blue Laws require some businesses to open late on Sundays […]
So this is it friends, the last episode of The Sioux Empire Podcast before we go on break for the holidays. Host Robert Mehling invited Paul Schipper on the show to talk a little bit about this, not at all controversial election. The rest of “The Zoo Crew” (Seth Glover, Natasha Estes, and Emily Gheorghiu) […]
On October 20th, 2016 something happened at the Siouxland Library that has never happened before. Mark Blackburn, the director of Establishing Sustainable Connections gave the community the chance to understand what is misunderstood about Islam, and Muslim culture. Mr. Blackburn works with Augustana University as an assistant dean of students and the Director of Diversity […]
Hey folks, North Dakota here. Now we know that lately, we’ve had more in common with North Korea than North America lately, what with the arresting reporters and brutally repressing non-violent protesters, but don’t worry. Let us show you North Dakota is still a great place to visit with only a small chance of you […]
Goats, Islands, and comedian Spencer Dobson, Oh my! This week The Sioux Empire Podcast is officially making podcast history, for the first time ever on any known podcast, the “Zoo Crew” (Robert Mehling, Seth Glover, Natasha Estes, and Emily Gheorghiu) carve a Jack O’Lantern on air, in the studio (The live video of this madness […]
In a massive new episode of cosmic proportions the Sioux Empire Podcast crew (Robert Mehling, Seth Glover, Natasha Estes, and Emily Gheorghiu) welcome special guests; animator Chris Biewer (of Cosmic Rage) and Jessica Tebben. This week the female members of the crew horrify the male members by telling them how prolific unsolicited… “Photos” are. We […]
On September 3, the Dakota Access pipeline company attacked Native Americans with dogs and pepper spray as they protested against the $3.8 billion pipeline’s construction. If completed, the pipeline would carry about 500,000 barrels of crude per day from North Dakota’s Bakken oilfield to Illinois. The project has faced months of resistance from the Standing […]
The Sioux Falls Pride Festival 2016 was vibrant and full of love and acceptance. Just stepping foot onto Terrace Park I immediately smiled, because the energy was so strong. People of all ages were out celebrating love on Saturday, June 18. The community came together and provided a loving experience for our LGBT community and […]
Latest in The Sioux Empire
- Make Your Voice Heard at the SD State Fair – 2017 Dakota Star
- 2018 Sioux Falls Sno Jam Comedy Festival Announced!
- SiouxperCon Moving to Fall and to The Sioux Falls Convention Center in 2018
- A Magician Among the Spirits Coming August 3rd.
- The Sioux Empire Podcast at 1 Million Cups Sioux Falls
- Time Management for Authors – My Saturday AM Routine – Ask A Publisher Ep. #8
- Was There a Giant Sioux Serpent in 1887? The Sioux Empire Investigates.
- We’ll Miss You Wacko’s Comedy Club
- DargonCon 5 – Badlands Rumble
- South DaCola Podcast 003 Wooo!
- Panic in Detroit: Part 2
- Shut Up and Take My Money: Ready Player One Trailer
- Urban Indianz Podcast Episode 007 – Native Hip Hop
- Sioux Empire Podcast 076- Parks and Recreation with Sioux Falls City Council Member Theresa Stehly
- Divided We Fall: a New Civil War
- Live Music Events In The Sioux Falls Area 7/23-7/31
- Doctor Whom? Why Not a Male Doctor Who? Or: That’s the Problem with Regeneration.
- Maybe He Should Just Move Here: Garth Brooks Announces Still More Sioux Falls Shows
- Panic in Detroit: Part 1
- Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington Dead at 41