PIERRE, S.D. – South Dakota’s Highway Patrol officially welcomes its largest group of new troopers to the agency in more than 40 years this Friday during a graduation ceremony held in the State Capitol Rotunda in Pierre. Class 59 consists of 20 recruits — 15 men and five women. It is the Highway Patrol’s […]
This week The Sioux Empire Podcast crew (Robert Mehling and Seth Glover) will commit random crimes so they can go to jail for the free iPads. Fortunately, Comedy Hypnotist and Wacko’s Comedy Club Owner Kellen Marson was on hand to talk them out of it. That, and the whole being threatened with forced catheterization thing […]
PIERRE, S.D. – Gov. Dennis Daugaard says the state Board of Water and Natural Resources has approved $94.6 million for water and waste projects. The board met Thursday and Friday in Pierre. The $94,620,125 total includes $7,636,000 in grants and $86,984,125 in low-interest loans, with $2,015,000 in principal forgiveness. The grants and loans awarded by […]
This week The Sioux Empire Podcast crew (Robert Mehling, Seth Glover, Emily Gheorghiu, and, Natasha Estes) continue our audio journey with entrepreneurship Übermensch Clinton Brown. We explore the origins of his company, The Bakery. Brown tells us some exciting tales of the life and times of a serial entrepreneur. He also tells a great story […]
PIERRE, S.D. – Lt. Gov. Matt Michels and the South Dakota Department of Tourism presented awards to top tourism industry leaders Thursday evening at the 2017 Governor’s Conference on Tourism in Pierre. The A. H. Pankow Award, which honors a media outlet or individual member of the media for unparalleled coverage and promotion of the […]
USS South Dakota christening. Two lacquer radio transcription discs, held in the collections of the South Dakota State Historical Society-Archives at the Cultural Heritage Center in Pierre, broadcast the June 7, 1941, double christening and launching of the battleship USS South Dakota from the New York Shipbuilding Corporation ways at Camden, N.J. The digital audio […]
The Facebook group LEAD South Dakota (Leaders Engaged And Determined) has drafted a letter to be presented to South Dakota Gov. Dennis Daugaard when he is visiting Sioux Falls on Friday as part of his state budget tour. Below is the text of that letter obtained and displayed by TheSiouxEmpire.com with permission from LEAD South […]
PIERRE, S.D. – Gov. Dennis Daugaard has signed an emergency disaster declaration for Jackson County, in response to damage caused by the 41,000-acre Cottonwood fire. Under the disaster declaration, the state of South Dakota will cover 90 percent of non-federal fire apparatus fuel costs, all aircraft expenses and South Dakota Wildland Fire’s suppression expenses. Gov. […]
So Robert Mehling and The Sioux Empire Podcast morning zoo crew (Emily Gheorghiu, Seth Glover, and Natasha Estes) really tired to stay on target, we really did. You can listen and figure how that turned out… This week our guests included Paul Schipper, candidate for South Dakota state house district eleven (For millennials, that’s the […]
A column by Gov. Dennis Daugaard: We never had a new car, when I was growing up, but we always spent what was necessary to maintain our car, and keep it in dependable running condition. New isn’t necessarily better, but the old must be maintained, and sometimes improved, if we want to depend upon it. […]
Latest in The Sioux Empire
- Make Your Voice Heard at the SD State Fair – 2017 Dakota Star
- 2018 Sioux Falls Sno Jam Comedy Festival Announced!
- SiouxperCon Moving to Fall and to The Sioux Falls Convention Center in 2018
- A Magician Among the Spirits Coming August 3rd.
- The Sioux Empire Podcast at 1 Million Cups Sioux Falls
- Time Management for Authors – My Saturday AM Routine – Ask A Publisher Ep. #8
- Was There a Giant Sioux Serpent in 1887? The Sioux Empire Investigates.
- We’ll Miss You Wacko’s Comedy Club
- DargonCon 5 – Badlands Rumble
- South DaCola Podcast 003 Wooo!
- Panic in Detroit: Part 2
- Shut Up and Take My Money: Ready Player One Trailer
- Urban Indianz Podcast Episode 007 – Native Hip Hop
- Sioux Empire Podcast 076- Parks and Recreation with Sioux Falls City Council Member Theresa Stehly
- Divided We Fall: a New Civil War
- Live Music Events In The Sioux Falls Area 7/23-7/31
- Doctor Whom? Why Not a Male Doctor Who? Or: That’s the Problem with Regeneration.
- Maybe He Should Just Move Here: Garth Brooks Announces Still More Sioux Falls Shows
- Panic in Detroit: Part 1
- Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington Dead at 41